Purpose of the funding
Schools will have to spend the Sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
The objective of sport funding is to improve the quality and standard of PE in our school. We understand the value and benefits of high quality PE and sport.
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
PE & Sports Funding at St Peter’s
We are very proud to say that in our most recent Ofsted report it was recognised that:
‘Sports funding has been used wisely to offer a greater variety of activities in which pupils can participate, to develop teachers’ coaching skills and to increase the numbers of pupils who now take part in sports activities.’ Ofsted report, June 2016.
Our use of the funding and its impact can be found below: