PSHCE helps to give children a sense of responsibility in preparing for, and coping with life experiences. It is an integral part of the curriculum, which can be seen to overlap into other cross-curricular areas.
Through PSHCE the school actively aims to enable children to develop :
- A positive self-image enabling them to acquire self-discipline and high self-esteem
- A positive image of others
- Open mindedness
- A willingness to participate, contribute and share
- Good relationships with adults and children
- A sense of justice
- Respect for their environment
- A healthy, safer lifestyle
- Responsibility for their own learning
Here are some examples of work the children have done through out the school.
In Phase 1 & 2 the children are encouraged to recognise that everyone is different and special.
As part of our work on keeping safe and well we consider how the body has natural defences to protect us against illness.